Let your day begin with a cooked or continental breakfast of your choice.
Our breakfasts are home made and healthy – we use locally sourced produce whenever possible as well as fruit and vegetables from our garden.
Our cooked specialties include fresh fruit compote with crepes, rhubarb and home-made yogurt. We have a range of cereals and our best is Ribbonwood Muesli and date porridge. Free range eggs with bacon and tomato are complimented with our fresh bread baked daily – nut and wholegrain bread can be toasted and is delicious with our home made jams.
There are several restaurants and cafes in Franz Josef.
We can organise transport to and from selected restaurants at no extra charge. Our local restaurants feature New Zealand and Asian cuisine including lamb, venison and seafood, fine New Zealand wines and beers.
Ask for our recommendation.
• Afternoon tea, drinks and baking
• Jo and Julie offer personalised assistance with planning your days
• Sharing our stories and our understanding of the local area
• Tea and coffee facilities for all rooms
• Continental and fully cooked options for breakfast (included in tariff)
• Guest lounge to relax in
• Sunny balconies and relaxing outdoor areas
• Native bush garden setting
• Hairdryers, hair straighteners and dressing gowns
• Library, games and DVD collection .
• TV in all rooms
• DVD players in Waiho suite and Cottage
• Wine and beer available
• Off street parking
• Smoke free environment
• Visa, Mastercard accepted
• Free Wifi
• Power Showers
At Ribbonwood Retreat we use Jeymar Soap and Body natural soaps skin and haircare products. Many of our guests are delighted with the products.
Have a look at their website: www.jeymarsoap.co.nz